Wild Media Entertainment
Call for Screenplays (Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Horror, Mystery and/or Thriller)
Wild Media seeks screenplays from experienced and qualified creators for the development and production of feature length genre films between 85 and 110 minutes.
Wild Media is a television and feature film production company, based in Toronto, Ontario with an office in Vancouver, British Columbia. Wild Media aims to produce high quality content that is appealing to audiences around the world. Wild Media currently has a number of projects in development, including feature film, television and animation. Wild Media recently completed the live-action science-fiction feature, Project Ithaca, slated for release later this year.
Feature screenplays should primarily target the following audience:
- Primary: Young Adults, male and female, 18-24 years old.
- Secondary: Men & Women, 25-45 years old.
- Sci-fi, paranormal, mystery, thriller, horror genre fans.
Our goal is to produce low budget, theatrical quality genre films that will engage a global audience.
Creators should take note of similar properties to show an understanding of the demographic and also to confirm their property will stand out in the market. Existing examples:
Screenplays should demonstrate a high degree of originality, including clever use of limited locations. Wild Media is looking for screenplays in the following genres: sci-fi, paranormal, horror, mystery and/or thriller. Wild Media is NOT looking for screenplays in the slasher/torture genre.
In addition to a screenplay, the applicant is expected to deliver a 2-4 page pitch document, which will include both a logline and synopsis. Additionally, the pitch document may include applicant’s approach to the material, including an overview of the tone, themes and brief character descriptions. We welcome artwork if available. For applicants without supporting artwork, we would encourage submitting a mood board that incorporates borrowed images to demonstrate the overall tone of the film.
If available, additional supporting materials is encouraged, including a financing and/or business plan, draft budget, attached talent such as a director and/or cast, as well as any funding that might be secured.
Step 2 – Once your Release Form is confirmed and verified, you will receive an email stating so and that you can now send in your screenplay (PDF Format) & additional deliverables.
Screenplays will be evaluated based on:
- How well the project aligns with our mandate.
- How unique is the project? Will it stand out in the marketplace?
- The extent to which we are excited or surprised by the content.
- The extent to which elements of the concept or the personality of the characters move us.
- The extent to which the pitch includes ideas that can engage audiences well beyond their initial viewing experience.
- The quality and professionalism of the submission.
- The totality of the submission.
Successful applicants will hear from Wild Media within 4-6 weeks of submission.
SCREENPLAYS & ADDITIONAL DELIVERABLES CAN BE SENT TO THE FOLLOWING
Brendan Murphy – Production Coordinator
365 Bay Street, St. 805